Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's a party, yah, yah, yah!!












So it's official!! The kids are back in school!!!! They love it and so do I!! James started his 8th grade year at Central Davis Jr High, and Jenni is in 5th at King Elementary and Emma is in 1st also at King Elementary! James didn't have his schedule until two days before school because he had to try out for Central Singers (the elite choir) at the Jr High. He made it!! The teacher asked him to do some scales and match a pitch and said - you're in! As an 8th grader, this is a huge honor, it's mostly only for 9th graders. As it is, there are only 8 tenors. Anyway, I had to embarrass Jenni, she ran into her class before I could get her picture at school, so I had to knock on her door and take a picture in front of all her classmates (sorry Jenni - when you make junior high, I don't come in the school). Emma is officially all day now. What fun for me!!




As of right now, I am a stay at home mom with no kids at home - what oh what will I do? Oh, yeah, party, party, party. On my first day I got me a Subway sandwich and didn't have to share with anyone!! Then I rented a movie and watched it all the way through - without having to answer questions or be bothered by anyone!! Then I got on my computer and surfed the net, without having to let others on to 'play their games'. It was a glorious day. What rejuvenation to have some alone time (and yes, I was able to enjoy it because Friday we cleaned the house top to bottom, so all the work was done). But reality sets in now and I will be starting my classes on 9-2, so my days of luxury are over, I'll be studying when I'm not cleaning, volunteering, painting, and a myriad of other things. It was fun while it lasted and I'm sure I'll sneak in other pamper-mom days.

1 comment:

The Chicago Bowlers said...

You did what to Jenni??? That poor girl. I can't believe how old the kids are getting!