Thursday, August 28, 2008

The agony and the ecstacy!







So for my birthday I wanted two things. My laptop fixed and a grill. Well, my wonderful parents tried fixing my laptop over many hours and we thought it was fixed. It ran great for about 16 hours and then went kaput, so we are sending it out to be fixed and hopefully somehow, someway it will be repaired and I don't have to sit at James' computer and blog anymore. The second thing I wanted was a grill. I have been looking at grills all summer, coveting and dreaming about the grill I wanted. Finally the grill I wanted was on sale this week. It's normally
$300, and was marked down to $200. Still more than I could afford with my birthday money from Dirk and his parents. Then I earned some money from making some cards and I was finally up to $150. Still less than $200, but I decided to go to the store and try and talk the manager into letting me buy the floor model for less. Well, I get there yesterday morning and overnight they had dropped the price to $150!!!! Exactly what I had. The only model they had left was the floor model, so we loaded it into the car. I mean this is the grill of my dreams. Stainless steel, four burner, 52,000btu, side burner for corn on the cob, and cupboards out front. We loaded it into my van, I took it home and grabbed my neighbor to help me get it out of my van. We had had to tip in it to load it and as we were pulling it out, the lid (that heavy stainless steel beautiful lid), slammed on my wedding ring and dug the ring into my finger about 1/4 an inch. I ran inside and promptly passed out while rinsing it. Next thing I know, my neighbor is kneeling over me. Three stitches later, swollen and bruised knuckles, and great pain (yes I am a big baby), I am home again. I insisted that we grill last night to teach that grill who's the boss. So to sum up my great experience: grill - $150, Dr. visit - $25, taking the ring to jeweler (unknown - some of the ring bent and doesn't fit together anymore), eating hamburgers from the grill in my backyard with a family I love for my birthday - priceless.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

So, I just found your blog again (I googled you!). Happy birthday! Congratulations on the grill deal! It was your lucky day!! Sorry about your finger! Ouch! Way to go teaching that grill who's boss, though!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I would have passed out to, can't handle the sight of blood, no matter whose it is--I also might have said a bad word when the grill landed on me, and then been kicked out of Utah:) just kidding I never use bad words:)

The Chicago Bowlers said...

Sorry about your finger. At least you were able to get inside before you passed out though! Congrats on the grill and I hope you had a great birthday sis!