Thursday, August 28, 2008

I couldn't get the pony tail out mom



So my youngest daughter Emma just loves hair. Last year she got a treat and went to the hairdressers where they shampooed her hair and cut and styled it and she loved it, so weeks after that, she had to "cut and style" her and her friend's hair. Oops big time. Much yelling and crying later and a full year of her hair growing out and we are beyond that mistake. I thought. She is always putting clips in her hair, putting it in pony tails, whatever, she loves to "pretty herself". So the day before the family reunion and she comes to me saying "mom, I couldn't get my pony tail out, so I cut it out." W W W H H H A A A T T T?!?!?!? It was perfect to braid, put curlers in, the bangs had finally grown out and she had to do this???? Many more tears ensued, mostly from me, but we did our best to fix it. It is not super pretty, but Emma has to live with it. Luckily our next door neighbor is a hair stylist and fixed it best she could. Needless to say, mom does her hair every day now for school. Ugh.