Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our new house

We finally did it!! We bought a house! It's been a while since we have been in our own home (and we're still not in it yet). But we closed on our house in May and are renovating it before moving in. I insisted after painting our house in VA, and then painting my parent's house here in Utah, that I will not be painting and living in a house again. It's bad enough to paint 3 houses in 1.5 years, but to live in it at the same time is awful. So my parent's are gracious enough to let us stay with them while we paint and remodel it. Hopefully we will be in for good the end of June. I don't have any before or after pictures, but I will put some of our work in progress in a few days (I keep forgetting to take a camera when I go to the house). So here's the scoop on the house. It's in Layton (for those not familiar with Utah, it's north of Salt Lake City. We are at the base of the Rocky Mountains - beautiful pictures from our front windows. It's 2400 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3 baths. All the kids have their own rooms, thankfully. I even have my own scrapbook/craft room. Dirk also has his game room with the pool table and game systems. We've got a bunch of fruit trees in the back: apricot, apple, pear, possibly cherry, 3 plum trees. Yum. We've got a garage that's oversized, yay, plus a storage shed. There are two storage rooms in the basement, one for the kids toys and one for the rest of us. We even have a separate kitchen/mudroom/laundry downstairs. The house is a little old - same age as me - and needs some TLC, but we specifically chose an older home with lots of space rather than a newer home that's smaller. It's perfect for our family - we love the ward/church we go to. They are very friendly. There's room out back for the trampoline, and a basketball court on the side and it's all fenced in. We are all anxious to move in, but painting every door, closet, room, wall, cabinet, etc. is very time consuming. I'm always painting or cleaning, or prepping, but it will be worth it. That has consumed all my extra (what extra?) time. So bear with me as we finish up the house - my blogs will be far and few inbetween.

No comments: