Thursday, February 21, 2008

Three Things

I stole this from my sister. She does three good things that happen during the week. So not to let a good thing go (and honestly - it's easier to think of three bad things than three good things that usually happen to me) I'm going to try.

1. I got through James solo and ensemble in band. For the first time, James had a solo and ensemble thing with band and had to play on the bass clarinet in front of judges. Since all his other solos have had accompaniment with a CD, this one couldn't, so I was appointed his accompanist. UGH! I am not a great pianist and to play in front of a judge knowing my son's depending on me is hard. But I did it. I didn't make any mistakes, he did well on the bass clarinet and we all were happy. Whew. Hopefully I don't have to do that again for a while.

2. I got an A in my class. Well, I took my final last week in my Organizational Behavior class on leadership and got my grade back today. I got an A- in the class. I am really excited about this. The class wasn't hard, but really tedious and dull. I started my new class this week and so far so good. I'm done with the second chapter and I know I am going to be sufficiently challenged (it's advanced business writing and I'm realizing I've forgotten all the grammatical junk I learned 20 plus years ago). So wish me luck.

3. Um, um, not thinking of a third yet.
3. see, I told you, it's sometimes to think of three good things.
3. oh, yeah. I made dinner last night. We pulled out some trout that we had frozen and brought home from our latest cabin trek. I cooked it up. Then I made potato salad from scratch (not really my son says - I didn't grow the cucumbers, potatoes, onions and celery). I had my mom's special recipe she finally gave me (it's a secret - if I told you what was in it, I'd have to kill you). It was yummy. See, occassionally I cook for my family.

So there are my three things. Hopefully having a positive outlook on life will make me a better person. Don't worry, though, I'm human, and I still complain a lot and will post them on this blog.

1 comment:

Jayme said...

I love this idea. I may need to adopt it also.