Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy V Day









I hope everyone had a great valentines day. We definitely did. The kids had fun at school and at home. I made mailboxes and they have been sending secret notes to each other. We have done sugar cookies, cards and the whole kit and caboodle. The girls even had a valentine tea at school where they dressed up in their finest and had juice and cookies in a formal setting. James had a dance at school where he danced with two girls (of whom he had sent a candy heart to earlier in the day). Dirk sent me a huge bouquet of lilies and surprised me by having it delivered and I got up at 5:30am to clean off the snow from his car (yes - it snowed 4 inches overnight) and shoveled behind the cars so they could get out. Then I made him breakfast and a lunch for him to take to work. He was very surprised. I also made pink pancake hearts for the kids for breakfast. It has been a great day!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What's up with these fancy mailboxes everyone's making? I hope my kids don't expect me to make them any! Not my talent.

Laine said...

How did you make the mailboxes? They are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

All I did for V-day is buy Jarrett some candy, which I must say; I ate almost all of it. . but I'm pregnant what does he expect??!!